✨Join us for a spectacular tour of Pittsburgh’s Underground Railroad✨
Few of a kind is hosting an underground railroad reenactment on Saturday, Oct 9th, 2022 from 10-12 am. We will be meeting at ICP at 9:30 am.
ICP address is 4100 Bigelow Blvd. Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Video of Pittsburgh Underground Railroad.
- Carpooling is encouraged. Vans will be provided for those who are not carpooling.
- $5.00 per person donation.
- Registration limited to no more than 30 people
- The event will be rescheduled if there is rain
- Public parking and directions will be included in your registration package.
💫First part of the reenactment:
– A guided bus tour narrated by Sarah Jamaela Martin.
– The following underground railroad stops will be included:
- The Monongahela house-located at end of the Smithfield Bridge
- Former Bethel church site
- Site of the Delany publishing house
- Market Square site location of the bathhouses and barber shops
- Hill District locations
💫Second part of the tour:
- From the Hill district, we will travel to the Mt. Washington safe house, and walk a short part of the actual path that leads to the safe house.
- David Votter, a local historian, will give us a profile of the family that lived there and significant points about the structure.