Islamic Marriage Contracts – Online
July 12 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Lively Interview with Imam Chris Caras ( Imam of Islamic Center of Pittsburgh)
To discuss his writing of the Islamic marriage contract for the Pittsburgh community.
To see a draft click HERE
Sarahjameela Martin will be asking Imam Chris:
- Why Islam promotes marriage contracts?
- What are the categories in a contract? For example: Financial responsibility, child custody, alimony, and polygamy.
- Why did he feel the the Muslim community needed an official Islamic marriage contract?
- Explain some clauses of the contract ?
- Is it legally valid in the US legal system or only in faith based family courts?
- Future directions to implement this contract in the community. References. Peer review. Focus group discussion.
Open Q and A from attendees.